The Eston Surgery
Dedicated to family care
The Eston Surgery has a long tradition of providing high quality family care to our patients.
We are a forward thinking, supportive, GMS teaching practice with a friendly team environment and welcoming atmosphere.
We care for 4000 patients and our team includes full time & part time GPs, part-time Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurses and part time Health Care Assistant. We are a SystmOne practice in purpose built premises, and are open to innovation, enabling us to encourage and support self-development, nurture different interests and improve patient care
We are looking for an enthusiastic team worker, to enhance our clinical team with a flexible approach to the demands of a small practice.
The Eston surgery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Treatment room nurse /Practice Nurse (2 x part time or full time)
The ideal candidate, to be supported by existing nursing staff, will have experience in general practice and/or nursing skills to include wound care, cervical cytology, childhood vaccinations and injections. Salary would be dependent on experience. Professional development is encouraged. Full training will be given.
The right candidate will have:
- The ability to be part of a primary care healthcare team
- Committed to a patient centred approach to care
- Ability to cope with a variety of work and fluctuating workloads
- Able to prioritise and organise own work.
- Ability to work on own initiative, keeping within practice policies and seeking advice where necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient word processing and keyboard skills.
- Aptitude to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work flexibly both in a team and independently
- Able to remain calm and pleasant in a somewhat demanding role
The role is subject to Disclosure Barring Service and other relevant employment checks.
If you are a patient here and are successful, you / your immediate family will be asked to find an alternative GP practice.
Closing date for applications is 13th October2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Please apply in writing with a covering letter and a copy of your CV to:
Mrs Claire Hutchinson
The Eston Surgery
Low Grange Health Village
Or via email, attaching a covering letter and CV to: